Promotional products are used by nearly all successful businesses. In fact, I challenge you to name a thriving business that doesn't use some type of promos, which include items such as pens, forms, notepads, or uniforms.
These advertising items are extremely effective to promote your business because they stick around for months or years and consistently remind those recipients about your business. The more useful your giveaways, the more effective they are.
When looking at the industry research, the top 10 industries who purchase promotional products have been identified. If you find your industry in the top 10, that means your competitors are buying and using promotional products to promote their business. If you are not also doing this, you are missing out on a great return on investment (ROI). If you are currently buying promotional items, it's time to step up your game.
Ppromotional items are the only advertising mediums that have the potential to reach all 5 senses (touch, sight, smell, hearing, and taste). They become exponentially more effective as a particular product reaches more than 1 of the senses. No other type of advertising can reach all of the senses like promotional products, making them an integral part of marketing plans.
Is your industry in the top 10? Find out below.
Top 10 Buyers of Promotional Products
- Education - public schools, colleges, universities, and private educational programs.
- Financial - banks, credit unions, accountants, and investment firms.
- Healthcare - hospitals, doctor offices, medical centers, medical supply companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Non-Profit - charities, awareness campaigns, and other not-for-profit organizations.
- Construction - contractors, building supply companies, plumbers, electricians, handymen
- Government - includes city/county/federal law enforcement, fire departments, EMS services, and all local, state, and federal government offices.
- Trade & Professional Associations - industry associations, independent licensing boards
- Real Estate - Realtors, appraisers, title companies, real estate attorneys
- Automotive - auto dealers, auto parts suppliers, body shops, mechanics, oil change shops
- Professionals - attorneys, CPA's, architects, engineers
The industry verticals above can all be extremely competitive. In order to stand out, it's important to employ effective marketing strategies to promote your business or organization. The proper use of promotional products can help with do this. Be sure to find the right promotional products distributor who is creative and understands how to effectively use the products in conjunction with other marketing techniques.
Reference: 2016 Promotional Products Fact Sheet