Promotional Products Returns
Custom printed promotional items can be returned if they meet one of the following criteria:
- They are misprinted - Perfect Imprints provides a free e-proof for every single order of custom printed promotional products that we sell. We email an actual size, proof of your item so that you can inspect how the final print will be. With this proof, we ask that you check the overall size to make sure you are happy with the print area (we max out all layouts unless otherwise instructed), the layout of the design, and spelling. It is your responsibility to check this BEFORE you approve your proof. We do require proof approval BEFORE any order is submitted for production. If you approve the proof and the final imprint is not the same, then you may be eligible for a return or a reprint. Call BEFORE making any returns, since unauthorized returns will not be accepted and it will incur additional shipping charges for you.
- The imprint quality is poor - With bulk printing of promotional items, it is common for a very small percentage of the items to have minor flaws that are not considered poor quality. However, if you receive your items and feel like the imprint quality should have been better, contact us and we will gladly work with you on a reprint of those items or a refund of the flawed items.
- Your order did not ship in time - If you let us know your event date before ordering, we will guarantee that we ship in time. We can not be held responsible if UPS or any other carrier does not deliver in the expected delivery time frame. If we do NOT ship by the required ship date to normal shipping time to get to your location, we will accept a return. For example, if your event date is on a Friday morning, we will check the UPS transit time to your location. If UPS time is 3 days, then we will ship by the Monday before your event to allow 3 business days so that your package will arrive on Thursday. If UPS delays due to any reason, we will file a claim on your behalf with UPS. UPS or any other shipping carrier can't be held responsible for inclement weather, natural or man-made disasters, or other uncontrollable means that may cause delay.
The following criteria represent reasons that items can NOT be returned:
- Small imprint size - We send all proofs at actual size (with a few exceptions for large format printing) and we expect that you will print the proof at 100% size to view the final imprint size. We are always up front about the maximum imprint size for each product and we can't be held responsible if you don't read the imprint area or fully inspect the proof.
- You are not happy with the quality of the item - We encourage you to buy a sample of any item that you will be purchasing in bulk, particularly if you have never ordered that exact item from us in the past. We do try to only sell quality items; however, with promotional items, there are many "cheap" giveaways that many people want to give away in mass. If high quality is a must, then please request a sample or speak to one of our customer service reps before ordering to inquire about the product quality. Product pricing typically matches the level of quality of an item For example, if you buy a 30 cent ink pen, don't expect to receive a premium executive pen.
- Imprint color is a few shades different than expected - Unless you are requesting an exact PMS color match, which is an extra cost, than your items will be printed with standard ink colors for that factory. The product color can affect the imprint color. For example, printing light colors on dark colors will cause the darker product color to show through the imprint and darken the imprint color. The only sure way to get an exact color match is to print a specific PMS color on a white product. If your imprint color is critical, then request a custom PMS color match.
- You missed a typo on your proof - We send you an exact copy of the final print to avoid this situation. We expect that you will take the time to carefully check each proof for accuracy. Even if we created the typo when we laid out your proof, you are ultimately responsible for proofing it for accuracy.
- Your event was canceled before you used the products - Yes, we have heard this excuse before. We can not be responsible for cancelled events.
Overall, our return rate is less than 0.05%. We ship 99.7% of all orders on time and have very few complaints.
**There will be a 3% fee for orders refunded due to no fault of ours. For example, if you place your order online and we find out the order can't be filled due to lack of inventory, you will not be charged the 3% fee. However, if you place your order and our desingers and staff work up a proof and order acknowledgement for you, then you decide to change plans and cancel the order, there will be a 3% cancellation fee. This is not even close to recouping the time our staff spent to process your order and graphics, but it does cover the credit card fees associated with charging and refunding your card. Typical orders take about 30 minutes of time, sometimes by multiple people, depending on the quality of your artwork submitted. If you paid an attorney to draft a letter for a legal issue, then decided to not send it, the attorney would not refund your money, because he/she spent time researching your legal issue and drafting the letter. The promotional products industry works the same way.